Below are just some of the ways you can volunteer at Baldwin!
Copy, Cut, Paste and Laminating Helper
Field Trip Chaperone
Misc. Help with teacher
Photographer for class events
Coordinate classroom celebrations/parties
If you are interested in helping please contact our PTA Room Parent Coordinator, Laura Navarro
Criminal Background Check
Austin Partners' in Education (APIE) provides the criminal background check for the school's volunteers. Please following the instructions below to register as a classroom volunteer, field trip chaperone, etc. and this will authorize them to conduct a criminal background check. You must register for every program/activity you participate in, even if you were registered last year. These checks can take up to 7 business days. Please plan accordingly. You WILL NOT be allowed on field trip until it has been processed.
All information is kept confidential and is only used for the purpose of determining a clear history. The information reported is simply cleared or not cleared status: no other personal information is shared with the school. Ms. Kane is designated to receive the information and it is not shared with teachers or other volunteers.
1. Go to www.austinpartners.org
2. Click on the VOLUNTEER button
3. Select SCHOOL BASED VOLUNTEER
4. Select School
5. Click on the name of the opportunity (tutor, field trip chaperone, etc.)
6. Input valid email. Volunteers must submit email address to receive notice of background check results. (NOTE: If volunteer does not have an active email, they will input firstname.lastname@example.org and a valid phone number).
6. If a volunteer's name is already in the APIE system, they will NOT be asked any more questions and will be immediately signed up for the volunteer opportunity.
If you have any questions please contact the Baldwin office staff.